Tuesday, July 23, 2013

summer is whizzing by

... at the rate that my mother's new Vita-Mix processes whole lemons. In fear that each day passes into oblivion without a proper good-bye, I have created a blog - something to smile at in five years' time.

Today, I present to you two pieces of poetry from my eighth-grade year. The first serves as an introduction, because I knew myself better when I was younger. It's full of I's and is a bit tiresome, but then again, so am I:

I am a quiet silly girl
I wonder about souls and the people they live in
I hear music to be written down
I see lots and lots of sparkles
I want a snuggle

I am a quiet silly girl
I pretend to be a quiet silly girl
I feel like eating a Jammy Dodger
I touch many heads, because I like to pat things
I worry about what people see
I cry when people don't see

I am a quiet silly girl
I understand Harry Potter
I say let your sunshine out
I dream about boys and breakfast
I try to draw a straight bow
I hope I can shine salt and light

I am a quiet silly girl.

~

The second is a love letter to my favorite food. Some stanzas are a mystery even to me, but the overall eggy-ness is conveyed!

Ode to the Egg


I. Tender white,
hold me tight,
love yolk.

II. Oh, yummy orb,
you brim with vitamins
and bounceability.

III. At daylight's hunger call
little brother weeped
for I ate his egg.

IV. Sweet tomago,
you sit upon my sushi
with seaweed as your obi.

V. My ears bleed
from the screechy jerking
of the omelette skillet.

VI. Elipse, eclipse!
Bring about the night
for I am sleepy.

VII. I once had a friend
named Egg,
who lacked hair.

VIII. What goes up white,
and comes down
yellow and white?

IX. Poor trans
cannot compare
to the mighty Omega!

X. Before dyeing,
blow those innards
far away.

XI. As I carry my lunch,
I cradle the thin-shelled
container of life.

XII. Coagulator!
Meringues and the food of angels
are formed at your beating.

XIII. The head of hair
sinks into the

souffle-like pillow.

Ta-da! Welcome to the wonderful mess that is my mind!



No comments:

Post a Comment